Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ Andy Champ is offline

Default GLS lightbulb storage

r.bartlett wrote:
I replaced all my 50w GU10's with Megaman 11w and they are by far and away
superior.So they don't light up instantly whoopie do..

I'm sitting under a couple of them as I type. They're whiter, cooler,
generally a good thing. If they're a little slow to start - doesn't
matter much.

In the downstairs toilet (the room that is!) I have an incandescent. It
comes on effectively immediately, is on for a short time, then off
again. If it breaks through too much power cycling, WTH the replacement
is pence and won't put mercury into landfill.

CFLs do have their place, but so do incandescents.

Andy