Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
robb robb is offline

Default constructive critic on my plcc adapter PCB

"Ecnerwal" wrote in message
In article ,
"robb" wrote:

Looking for constructive criticism on my plcc/dip adapter ?

For a given board, the copper on it is "free". Plus, the less

copper you
are etching off, the faster it gets done. On the "green side"

you might
want to look at any pins that are at ground potential, and

connect those
to a flood covering most of the board area, rather than etching

off most
of the board area. Power also works, and on the red side you

might do
ground some places, power other places, to fill in. Often a

good idea to
toss in a few capacitors between power and ground while you are

at it.

Thanks wren lace ,

Is there an operational/safety benefit to flooding empty space
with ground copper ?

and how does one choose the value for the capacitors between
ground and power ? as that is a bit out my scope

thanks for reply and suggestions,
rob