Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Sharrock Brian Sharrock is offline

Default re-solder leaking joint?

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 30, 4:34 pm, "Vass" wrote:
No leaks (known yet) just getting myself prepared once the final rad is
in
place.
If once I open the valve and let the water into the system, I find a leak
(or leaks), can I throw some flux and solder onto the offending joint
with
the water inside?
if not, I guess its a full drain down again is it?
TIA
--
Vass
'06 R1, '90 CBR1000Fwww.doubleyolk.co.uk

Drain I'm afraid.

AND careful drying of the offending parts .... one can't get the pipery to
solder-melting temperature while there's water in / near the pipe/ {
Although I once saw an mechanic accomplish this using something he called
'Killed Spirits', which came in an earthenware jar, as a flux and an
ENORMOUS electrical soldering iron roughly the size and shape of a Roman
gladius }. An old trick was to push bread into the pipes to give a temporary
blockage to the pipes - which , in theory, would dissolve later.;- not that
I'd try this on a sealed circulating system.

--

Brian