Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default GLS lightbulb storage

On 2007-09-30 14:21:46 +0100, Peter Parry said:

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 12:26:12 +0100, Derek Geldard
wrote:

If it seems trivial to you ask yourself why the government sees fit to
take away our freedom to use whatever lighting we choose.

The reason of course is that they have no choice in the matter. They
have been ordered to do so by Brussels.

.... and here was me thinking that we had just signed up for a glorified
trade agreement.

There is always a choice........

Philips in particular no
longer make any profit out of incandescent bulbs and have spent a
considerable amount of money "lobbying" EU bureaucrats (who really
cost quite small amounts to buy) to get this change through as they
believe it will open market opportunities for them.

It couldn't also be that Philips have supplied bulbs to hand out, could it?

All very convenient.