Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] alvinamorey@notmail.com is offline

Default Looking for a good electric chain saw

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 12:00:08 -0400, Dan Espen
wrote:

Max writes:

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 06:06:28 -0700, "** Frank **"
graced this newsgroup with:

Sooner or later I have problems starting a 2 cycle engine. Yes fresh fuel,
right oil/fuel mixture, etc. I'm ordering a carburetor rebuild kit for the
chain saw and hope that solve the problem. Funny thing I have over half
dozen of 2 cycle engines from cheap units to top of the line, from small to
a 80cc engines and the only one that I never had problems starting or
running is the Echo, even with old fuel that the other 2 cycles couldn't run
on.

Anyway, I'm looking for a good electric chain saw. Milwaukee, Makita or the
Poulan Pro.

snip

I've owned several electrics throught the years and quite honestly,
they're all junk. The hassle of dragging a cord around is a pain and
the electric motors almost always jam on wet wood.

I use my electric very rarely, maybe once a year.
It's a 30 year old Craftsman and is still going strong.

For *really* occasional use, an electric can't be beat.

I think that's the problem with the gas ones. They are things we use
once or twice a year, and by that time they are gummed up or the
points are corroded or something else occurs. Even if you dump the
gas after using it, there is still some gas in it. For someone in the
logging business that uses it each day, it's different. Yet, at the
same time, 2cycle engines are not the best design. It would be nice
if they could make 4 cycle engines on these tools.