Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Prometheus Prometheus is offline

Default Does your shop comply with fire safety codes?

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 19:33:26 -0400, (Arch) wrote:

Depressing hypothetical questions, but we might do well to consider
them.

If a fire department inspector or insurance agent came unannounced to
your turning shop today, would it pass muster?

Ummm... Does having a smoke alarm and a fire extingisher count? If it
does, I guess I'm good to go. If there's more to it, I have no idea.
The wiring is up to code, too.

If your shop-home-garage sustained a fire today would an inspection give
the insurance company enough evidence to successfully deny your claim?

Today? Probably- I've been cleaning my (new) old lathe with Kerosine
for the last couple of hours.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter