Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer Weatherlawyer is offline

Default Homebase employee: "Your Bosch drill is not a *real* drill.. it is a screwdriver" !?

On Sep 30, 12:53 pm, wrote:
I bought a Bosch drill a few days ago. (300 Bosch PSR 300 Lithium-Ion
Handy Drill Driver Cat No. 7111552 )

I am trying to attach something to plasterboard. I bought some
"plasplugs" (designed for heavy duty use). On the instructions it says
I need to drill a hole using a 10mm HSS Drill bit.

My new Bosch drill didn't come with that. So I went down to Homebase
and found the drill-bit. Luckily they also had my exact model on
display.

I called over an employee and explained that my bosch drill appears to
only accept drill bits have a hexagonal (or similar) attachment (and
pointed to the drill).

The guy says : "that's not a drill, it's a screwdriver".

(I was thinking 'well.. erm.. does it say it is a drill"?!)

I took the drill back to argos & got a full refund.

Anyway, I have the drill bit, and the argos website infront of me. I
have no idea which drills will accept my 10mm HSS drill bit - CAN
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!?! I don't want to spend over £60.

Got an image link?

It sounds like the bosh was an impact driver. They are excellent toys
and I want one. Not necessarily Bosch but if someone wants to send me
theirs I will accept it.