Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default GLS lightbulb storage

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 21:02:52 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

jim wrote:
Being tempted to stockpile a decent quantity of GLS light bulbs (the
ones about to be banned) the thought crosses my mind - do they
deteriorate in storage?

I'm talking about a prolonged time period up to 20 - 30 years (which
should see us out of chez nous into another world). I envisage
storing them in the attic and avoiding movement until needed.

I've been thinking of doing that as well.

The guvmint will probably change the mains voltage just to bu&&er up
that idea...
Just think of all the VAT they'll make on new bulbs and appliances.

--
Frank Erskine