Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul Paul is offline

Default Pulley Hub Types

Ned Simmons wrote:

QD is a bit more flexible in mounting arrangement since you can get
bushings that have either thru or tapped holes for the draw bolts.
Taper-lock is more compact as the bushing is flush or recessed on the
sides of the pulley. I think the taper-lock looks better for the same
reason.

Because of the interference fit on the shaft, either is far superior
to a bored to size pulley, especially for reversing loads.

Ned

Thanks for the insight. I think I have located a free QD hub so it
looks like my decision is more or less made for me! Hopefully it will
all fit the motor shaft length.

Paul

It's a Linux world....well, it oughta be.