Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default constructive critic on my plcc adapter PCB

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 16:28:23 -0400, robb wrote:

Looking for constructive criticism on my plcc/dip adapter ?

used jpg to keep size down thats why colors/img look a bit yuko.
I am interested in comments on layout/design and if the approach is bad
good etc. and well anything you experienced people can offer an amateur
hobbyist like myself.

top is red
bottom green

round dip pin through pads are .075" (.029" hole) round through via pads
are .056" (.020" hole) square pads bottom .65" x .010"
plcc pads are standard smt

Other than moving the vias out from under the chip as Martin suggested,
I only have one suggestion - round the corners a little bit; the inside
can have a hot spot and the sharp corner doesn't really accomplish
anything, but could be a delamination stress point.

Cheers!
Rich