Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Propane Generator and Transfer Switch

Toller wrote:
"John" wrote in message
I'm considering having a 16 kw generator installed

Ask whoever is going to install it if you can see one of his previous
installations.
It will sound like a lawnmower going all night. You will be extremely
popular with your neighbors, especially those still in the dark.
There is one a half mile away from me, and in my driveway it is louder than
my Honda.

You should hear how loud the Home Depot version Generac (looks like the
good one but isn't) units are. I helped my buddy put his in and I know
someone else who has one. When we started my buddies it felt like you
were standing next to a jet engine or in a room with 1,000 HP motors. I
can't imagine anyone living within a block of one putting up with it.