Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default Looking for a good electric chain saw

"** Frank **" wrote in message
Sooner or later I have problems starting a 2 cycle engine. Yes
fresh fuel, right oil/fuel mixture, etc. I'm ordering a carburetor
rebuild kit for the chain saw and hope that solve the problem.
Funny thing I have over half dozen of 2 cycle engines from cheap
units to top of the line, from small to a 80cc engines and the
only one that I never had problems starting or running is the
Echo, even with old fuel that the other 2 cycles couldn't run on.

Anyway, I'm looking for a good electric chain saw. Milwaukee,
Makita or the Poulan Pro.

snip
I sympathize with you gas 2 cycle problems.
Over the years, I have found that after using any 2 cycle, it is
best to pour out the gas/oil mixture (back into the gas can) and
then run the device until it stops from fuel starvation. Keeps gas
from gumming up in the carb.

I have an old Poulan (which brand I don't necessarily recommend) and
last year it wouldn't start good or run right. After checking plug
etc. it still was the same. I ended up replacing the primer bulb
and all the plastic hoses involved in the gasoline system. It was a
heck of a job, but it has run great since then.

Perhaps what you have could be fixed if you are patient and halfway
good at DYI projects, but count on a half day to replace all the
plastic hoses.

As for electric saws, I have purchased three or four and have
discarded them all. They have little power and are a real pain to
use with all the cord.

Anyway, that's my experience.

Bob-tx