Posted to alt.home.repair
John John is offline

Default Propane Generator and Transfer Switch

Thanks for the solid info.

"John" wrote in message
I'm considering having a 16 kw generator installed and I'd like to know
what to expect when the generator and transfer switch is installed and
hooked up. For example to what is the main power coming from the transfer
switch hooked up into my breaker panel? What happens to the breakers of
the different circuits that selected for emergency operation. Do I give
up any of the current open breaker spots I have. The Guardian unit I am
looking at says it operates at 76 decibels. I don't know what equivalent
noise level that is. At the moment I am planning to have it placed
directly on the other side of the playroom wall as that is where the main
breaker panel is located. I also have a suitable spot about 20 feet away
from the house if the noise would be a problem. I'd like to be able to
observe the process with some sort of understanding. Thanks for any input
or other comments about the actual hooking up.