Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Buck Turgidson Buck Turgidson is offline

Default Wiring for Basement Remodel

I am getting ready to open up my finish basement walls and do a remodel. I
was planning to just run CAT-5 (I prefer wired over wireless). Is there
something else I need besides CAT-5? Should I use CAT-6?

Is there any other technologies or other things I should consider? Please
be realistic. I am on a tight budget, and am not an early adopter. But at
the same time, I don't want to miss something. Should I consider fiber?
Right now, I have cable, but if I switch to a dish, do I need something
other than coax?

Thanks for any replies.