Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Looking for a good electric chain saw

Just a thought. Are those Poulan saws based on the Macullock(sp)
design. If so nobody here had much success with those. So much so that
some individuals and shops refused to work on them!
We have an older Pioneer 1074, (no chain brake) no longer made which
is not too bad although I'm no expert! Stihl and Husquevarna (both
Scandinavian?) get good name here.
Electrics except for a bit of light tree 'trimming' not so sure! Seem
to lack power and rather rapidly go the way of electric lawn mowers
which don't last long here either.
Just an opinion.