Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill Joe AutoDrill is offline

Default On-Topic But Potentially Questionable Content?

"woodworker88" wrote in message
ups.com...
First, even though I know there is no way I can convince myself I need
a multispindle drilling machine, I do really like your idea of a sort
of machine tool beta testing. I'd like to see more manufacturers do
this sort of thing.

Thanks. So far, not a single flame which is what I worried most about...

Second, reading your post just gave me an idea. Since you are tooling
up to build ER collet equipment, you might be interested to know there
is quite a market for ER spindle collet chucks for regular lathes,
such as the smaller machines like the Altas which can't use 5C
collets. Although you can buy these in many tool catalogs, it would
be an interesting thing to look at since you are already tooled up for
this particular operation. Sort of like the equipment that Little
Machine Shop sells, but with ER collet equipment specifically.
Just a wild idea
Michael

I like wild ideas... They usually distill into good ones.

Can you give me an example of a specific product already on the market?
Someone's part #, etc?
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.