Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
woodworker88 woodworker88 is offline

Default On-Topic But Potentially Questionable Content?

First, even though I know there is no way I can convince myself I need
a multispindle drilling machine, I do really like your idea of a sort
of machine tool beta testing. I'd like to see more manufacturers do
this sort of thing.
Second, reading your post just gave me an idea. Since you are tooling
up to build ER collet equipment, you might be interested to know there
is quite a market for ER spindle collet chucks for regular lathes,
such as the smaller machines like the Altas which can't use 5C
collets. Although you can buy these in many tool catalogs, it would
be an interesting thing to look at since you are already tooled up for
this particular operation. Sort of like the equipment that Little
Machine Shop sells, but with ER collet equipment specifically.
Just a wild idea
Michael

On Sep 27, 11:15 am, "Joe AutoDrill" wrote:

We are in the process of making and thus offering much heaver designs of our
multiple spindle heads... ER32+ spindles for 20mm (.787") or smaller tool
shanks. Maybe even for ER40 for 26mm (1.024"). I'm even playing with an
ER50 design but I'm not sure if I want to cross that bridge just yet... All
I've learned about these larger collets has come from usenet forums and web
sites I was sent to, etc.