Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate Darrell Feltmate is offline

Default gag gifts?

I like it. One of these days I need to get a life, but I like it.

God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
Truro, NS Canada
http://aroundthewoods.com

--
ะเ
"TWW" wrote in message
ups.com...
A few weeks back I cut a hole through the bottom of a bowl. This
sounded like one of those design opportunities so I finished the bowl
and then used a woodburning tool to make the hole into a zero as part
of '2007' on the bottom of the bowl.

It then occured to me one could make a gag gift called a 'bottomless
bowl'. You fill the bowl with wrapped candy on a table and then get
someone to pick it up and look at the bottomless bowl and get a
surprise as the candy comes falling through.

We left one of these bottomless bowls at a friend's house as a 'thank
you' gift after staying overnight and heard the friend is having fun
with it on other unsuspecting guests. I suppose I should mention I am
retired and can remember the practical joke era from 40 years ago. I
am not sure what younger people would think of an idea like this
one.

My question is anyone aware of any other silly ideas like bottomless
bowls one could make on a lathe? I should mention I am asking this
assuming this is a family site