Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Jon Slaughter Jon Slaughter is offline

Default Village Idiot of Today

"Sjouke Burry" wrote in message
Eeyore wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

John D Dingell (D-MI15), take note that he's Congressman from MICHIGAN

is proposing a 50¢/gallon additional tax on gasoline.

It's the only way to get people to drive more fuel efficient cars.

It needs to be more like $3 a gallon to have any meaningful effect
though.

Graham

Why are you complaining?
1 liter=1.38 euro. for us in in the Netherlands.
1 gallon = 3.785 liter = 5.22 euro = 7.21 U.S. dollars.

Despite that we have 3% unemployment.
what yours(on gas and employment?)

How big Is Netherlands?

Hmm... I guess I better do the work.

The Area is 16k mi^2. I live in Texas with an area of 250k mi^2.

What this means is that families and work are more spread out and hence it
takes more gas on average for an individual to do the same things that it
costs people in smaller countries.

So you can compare your prices with ours all you want but its an invalid
comparsion. (essentially what it means is we paid as much as you then many
people couldn't even afford to go to work much less do much of anything
else).

Its true that many americans waste a lot of gas but the majority of gas used
in the industry. We also have developed a larger infrastructure to support
the lower prices. (think of supply and demand) There are also many other
reasons for lower gas prices as it supports growth.

If you are going to compare our gas prices with yours then at least do it
intelligently. Its much more complicated than you make it out to be.