Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Village Idiot of Today

Sjouke Burry wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Jim Thompson wrote:

John D Dingell (D-MI15), take note that he's Congressman from MICHIGAN

is proposing a 50¢/gallon additional tax on gasoline.

It's the only way to get people to drive more fuel efficient cars.

It needs to be more like $3 a gallon to have any meaningful effect though.

Graham

Why are you complaining?

I'm not complaining. Just making an observation.

1 liter=1.38 euro. for us in in the Netherlands.
1 gallon = 3.785 liter = 5.22 euro = 7.21 U.S. dollars.

Despite that we have 3% unemployment.
what yours(on gas and employment?)

UK unemployment seems to be about 5.5% currently. I expect it's all those jobs
we exported to India and China etc.

1 litre of petrol as we call it cost me 91p today. That's $1.84 $6.95 per US
gallon. And still no shortage of cars on the road, but they don't have huge
engine sizes like US cars wastefully do.

Graham