Posted to rec.woodworking
-Lost -Lost is offline

Default Is there a database of wood prices anywhere?

Response from "William Andersen" :

A few months ago, I shopped for wood on line at Home Depot and
Lowe's: you should be able to get prices there that will be good
enough for your purpose.

Interesting. I never thought to look online thinking that they would
not have it online. And none of the places I called (including
Lowe's) mentioned me being able to do it online.

Where exactly did you look?

At Home Depot the best I can find is decking materials and composites
(risers, nosing, treads et cetera), not actual lumber sizes, prices,
or descriptions even.

Lowe's is currently down for maintenance, but I will definitely check
them out tomorrow.

Thanks for your help!

--
-Lost