Posted to rec.woodworking
-Lost -Lost is offline

Default Is there a database of wood prices anywhere?

I have been using this horribly outdated software from Broderbound to
design buildings because I can get a quantity report from it. For
most of the stuff it even has general prices (although most of those
are outdated too, but they can be changed).

Well, I was hoping I could find a price list of all types of wood,
even just a rough estimate so that I can finish writing a plug-in for
3D and CAD software that will spit out quantities and the approximate
price for those quantities. The software from Broderbound just ain't
cutting it anymore.

I only need lumber sizes/prices for now by the way. 2×4s, 2×6s, 2×
8s, 2×10s, and 2×12s et cetera. No trim, pediment, concrete, brick,
flooring, laminate, wallpaper and so forth for now. For those things
I am going to create modules.

So does anyone know of anything along those lines? Lowe's, 84
Lumber, and Don's Lumber are getting REALLY tired of me sitting on
the phone with them asking about all of their plank sizes and wood
types.

Thanks!

--
-Lost