Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus2150 Ignoramus2150 is offline

Default Old lathe $100 in Downers Grove, IL

Just to be clear, some of my free opinions (worth what you pay):

- if you need a cheap lathe, it is a good deal for $100

- If you clean it up and start using it, you can probably take nice
pix and brag about your $100 deal here for a good reason (but mention
that I found it)

- I would prefer to buy a much higher end, more modern lathe when I
need one, but not now

- It is usable for low end work and is a good quality, very old home
machine

- It can probably be resold for more $$, but the hassle factor make
resale not worth it

- You can donate it to Lisle blacksmith club by the train station and
probably get a tax deduction.

- I am rather inclined to do just that, it would definitely fit their
place and IIRC, they do not have a lathe.

- If you do not buy it, let me know ASAP and I will try to locate
someone from the blacksmith club to see about donating.