Posted to alt.home.repair
Big_Jake Big_Jake is offline

Default Can a rookie hope to be successful at......

On Sep 27, 2:52 pm, Mike wrote:
Can a rookie hope to be successful at pulling up the carpet in a few
places in the upstairs of our house, screwing the subfloor to the
joists to hopefully eliminate some nagging squeaks, and then putting
the carpet back using a carpet stretcher (having never used one, hope
to rent one) and make it look as good as it does now? Some of these
squeaks are just driving me to distraction and I need to fix them. I
addressed most of the squeaks on the main floor by going to the
basement and putting shims between the subfloor and the joist in the
offending area. I know there is a product for eliminating squeaks
under carpeted floors, special screws that you can drill in and then
snap the head off, but I worry about damaging the berber carpet.

Thanks for any guidance/advice.

Mike

Nope.

JK