Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
djenyc djenyc is offline

Default Mechanical Enginnering for Dummies - any suggestion on design making? Load ratings for common wood and steel materials like 2X4s etc

On Sep 27, 12:36 pm, Ignoramus2150
wrote:
If a forklift crumbled when lifting your dad, maybe he should lose
some weight.

I needed that forklift to carry ~150lb load, not industrial size The
part that folded was made from remains of 12 gauge mower decks ...
running low on materials at the moment

When I was building my trailer

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Home...th-M105A2-Bed/

I use a online deflection calculator. I think that while in general,
engineering steel structures requires a lot of expertise, engineerig
severely overbuilt structures requires a little less expertise.

Cool, do you have a link for that calculator. I wonder how 2x4's
compare to black pipe... I'd like to overbuild, but I have a lot of
ideas and not a lot of steel.