Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] manatbandq@hotmail.com is offline

Default Mounting horizontal radiator vertically... is it possible?

On Sep 26, 4:58 pm, "Doctor Drivel" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

On Sep 24, 3:46 pm, mike wrote:
In article ews.net,
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

Where is it to be fitted? Kitchen?

Yeah, kitchen-diner and there really is very little wall-space - no more
than 60cm which also has to accomodate a light switch. So the 30cm
rad-on-end would be ideal and would fill the otherwise useless bit of
wall.

I looked at towel rads but they don't go that thin or as tall as the 300
x 1400 standard rad at Screwfix.

I searched the group kickspace heaters but several people said they
were noisy and/or inefficient.

I considered the ordinary short rads linked via chrome pipe but I'd need
three above each other to get the BTUs which I think could start to look
a little odd.

Why not use two normal rads, one in front of the other? You'll need to
make some kind of brackets for the front one.

...or have them haging from the ceiling with mod-art all over them.

Warm air rises, they need to be on the floor. Perhaps we should hang
you from the ceiling as mod art. Then we wouldn't notice the hot air
so much.

MBQ