Posted to alt.home.repair
TH TH is offline

Default Store lawn mower with full or empty tank?

On Sep 25, 6:38 pm, Frank Boettcher wrote:
On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 20:33:36 -0000, frank megaweege

wrote:
On Sep 25, 3:20 pm, wrote:
Let it run dry then pull the cord a couple times. Since doing that I
havent had power equipment fail to start next season.

I've never done anything in the 7 years I've had my mower. Just leave
whatever gas is in it, top it off when I get it back out in the
spring. All I've ever noticed is that it takes a couple of extra
pulls that first day.

Same here only make that seventeen years. John Deere small rider,
mower, not tractor. Honda tiller five years, Honda pressure washer
used very intermittently four years, Sears edger with a Briggs and
Stratton twenty two years.

Guess I've been lucky too?

Frank

Well I did this with my old Honda mower for 20 years with no problem.
Then I buy a new one 2 years ago and this spring the carburetor was
wrecked from storing it with old gas. Maybe it was some cheap gas I
used, I don't know, but It's a lot safer to just put the stabilizer in
or drain it. I know I learned my lesson.