Posted to alt.home.repair
JimR[_2_] JimR[_2_] is offline

Default Store lawn mower with full or empty tank?

"willshak" wrote in message
on 9/26/2007 6:57 AM The Freon Cowboy said the following:
whens the last time you purchased "sta-bil" ????

A 10 oz bottle of Sta-Bil costs around $5.
10 oz will treat 25 gallons of gas. How much gas does a lawn mower hold?
One half Gal at most ?
That works out to be 50 years of Sta-Bil use from one bottle.

[snip]

Note -- Stabil has a shelf life -- I don't know what the spec says, but I do
know that a two-year-old unopened bottle of Stabil had deteriorated and had
to be thrown out, with black chunks of gunk floating in the liquid, so the
shelf life is apparently less than two years --

I wonder if there's a product which can be used to prolong the life of
Stabil --