Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] ssmarsh1@yahoo.com is offline

Default garbage disposal leak

I recently installed a new Badger 10s garbage disposal to replace the
older, much wider unit which had died. The new unit is slimmer than
the old unit and the elbow drain connector which came with the new
unit was too short to reach the existing drain out from under the
sink. I purchased and installed a "universal" drain connector which
is accordian style to adjust the length. It fit fine, but since then
I've noticed some dripping from the point where the drain inlet meets
the disposal.

I've tightened the screws holding the drain pipe on the disposal as
much as I can, but it still drips a little, especially after using the
disposal.

Is there some sort of sealant I can swab on there to make it more
water tight? Any other suggestions?