Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair
no spam no spam is offline

Default 15 vs 20 amp circuits

That's not a problem with the solution, it's a problem with the
problem - and Joe Bozo is the problem - split circuit or not he's got
about a 90% chance of screwing something up.

I actually bought an old house and rewired it to my satisfaction, only
to find that the previous owner, a knowledgeable individual IMO, had
someone helping him (teenage son probly) who had wired outlets by pushing
the wires into the little slots instead of the holes on those cheap
push-in receptacles! I guess you'd call him Joe Bozo, Jr.

I've got a good one. I discovered, BEFORE I connected the power to the
breaker box, that someone connected the 220V water heater by using 2 15A
breakers. Really confused me when I had an extra breaker in the box.