Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Store lawn mower with full or empty tank?

on 9/26/2007 6:57 AM The Freon Cowboy said the following:
whens the last time you purchased "sta-bil" ????

A 10 oz bottle of Sta-Bil costs around $5.
10 oz will treat 25 gallons of gas.
How much gas does a lawn mower hold? One half Gal at most ?
That works out to be 50 years of Sta-Bil use from one bottle.
$5 divided by 50 = 10 cents per year.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"willshak" wrote in message

on 9/25/2007 5:42 PM The Freon
Cowboy said the following:A cheapest solution is to run it drye@4 At
$3.00 a gallon?f3Yes, it may cost you 50¢ if you don't plan ahead a
bit.weI've usually drained mine, but with stabilizer, it can last over the
winter. 6Come to think of it, my mower has not had gas in it for two years
now. I npay the neighbor to do mine now.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY