Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default Measure without tape measure.

B A R R Y wrote:
Jack Stein wrote:

I was looking at a house for my son to rent his senior year at college
and asked one of the kids moving out if he had a job lined up. He
said no, he was going to continue his education. I said you would
think after 16 years of school, and a TON of money for college he
would have finally been ready for employment...

There are plenty of occupations where 4 years of college is not enough.

The interesting thing is after 16 years of education all he has learned
is how to learn. Probably still can't fix a leaky faucet, replace a
light switch, or any other myriad of things a rounded person should be
able to do in every day life, let alone a marketable skill. I can't
think of anything useful that should take 16 years of study before
actually doing something, including brain surgery.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com