Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

Default Store lawn mower with full or empty tank?

On Sep 25, 7:16 pm, "Toller" wrote:
"frank megaweege" wrote in message

ups.com... On Sep 25, 3:20 pm, wrote:
Let it run dry then pull the cord a couple times. Since doing that I
havent had power equipment fail to start next season.

I've never done anything in the 7 years I've had my mower. Just leave
whatever gas is in it, top it off when I get it back out in the
spring. All I've ever noticed is that it takes a couple of extra
pulls that first day.

Then you have gotten lucky. Gasoline generally won't be good after 6 months
and can gum up the fuel line to boot. Keep doing it if you like, but please
don't recommend it to others.

I have always drained or run all fuel from any moter that I own and
have always had them start first pull after storage was taught this by
a master mechanic