Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Oppie[_3_] Oppie[_3_] is offline

Default The Kluge Prize

"Joel Kolstad" wrote in message
"Oppie" wrote in message
news:SK6Ki.4173$Pc3.1695@trndny09...
The only time I ever heard the word 'Kluge' was for a jury-rigged,
temporary quick fix for a circuit.

Same here, although usually spelled "kludge."

Now that I think about it, you are right. Dictionary.com though cites
several references that use either spelling Kludge or kluge.
===========================
kludge: [klooj] noun- Computer Slang.
a software or hardware configuration that, while inelegant, inefficient,
clumsy, or patched together, succeeds in solving a specific problem or
performing a particular task.

Also, kluge.

[Origin: 1960-65; expressive coinage]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
On the 'digital goddess,' my brother (a MCSE) sends me some of her tips from
time to time. Most are interesting if not immediately useful...so I
subscribed. Big difference between doing a call-in show having to scramble
for an answer and writing a column where you have time to research.or just
fake it either way