Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Leo Lichtman Leo Lichtman is offline

Default Does your shop comply with fire safety codes?

"Arch" wrote: (clip) If your shop-home-garage sustained a fire today would
an inspection give the insurance company enough evidence to successfully
deny your claim?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Arch, I hope this is a hypothetical question--you're not having insurance
problems, are you? I'm not a lawyer, so I will give up on any point on
which I am challenged, but this is how I think it is: When you buy
insurance, you are subject to inspection, and the insurer may require you to
fix certain things. Then they have the right to check you whenever they
feel like it while the policy is in effect, but they rarely do. If they
don't, I doubt that they can deny coverage after you have been paying your
premiums in good faith. It's different for commercial insurance, where
annual inspections are common.

You're not running a drug lab in your shop, are you? I'm sure that could
make a difference. ;-)