Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default The Kluge Prize

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 09:40:55 -0700, "Joel Kolstad"
wrote:

"Oppie" wrote in message
The only time I ever heard the word 'Kluge' was for a jury-rigged, temporary
quick fix for a circuit.

Same here, although usually spelled "kludge."

I subscribe to Kim Komando's tip of the day...

Wow, she's still around, huh?

Yep, she's right here in Phoenix and married to our leading right-wing
radio commentator, Barry Young (KFYI).

I remember listening to her a few times on the
radio and was less-than-impressed when it seemed that any time she didn't
actually know the answer to a tough question regarding some piece of software
or hardware not working, she'd typically fall back on, "Mmm... sounds like it
might be a virus... have you updated your definitions lately?" "Yes? Oh,
well... sometimes you need to try a couple different anti-virus programs,
since each one doesn't catch anything. You might try downloading blah blah
blah..."

[snip]

She's much better now-a-days... must have a staff of a hundred people
who test out everything new.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |