Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair
Bud-- Bud-- is offline

Default 15 vs 20 amp circuits

wrote:
On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 18:32:53 -0500, "DanG" wrote:

Just about all the electricians I know and work with use the hole
in the side of stripper that is made for making the loop that fits
on the terminal screw. Insert tip of stripped copper - fold it
over the side of the cutter - install on screw. The tips of the
strippers can be used to close the loop tight.
http://www.mygreenlee.com/Products/main.shtml?p_search=test&greenlee_category_id=100& Submit=Find&portalProcess_2=showGreenleeProductTem plate&upc_number=31889

I have one just like that, but a different manufacturer.

Which holes are you talking about? I never knew there was a hole for
that purpose. I still use a needle nose to make a hook. Of course it
takes me only seconds to do it, but if there is an easier way, I'd
like to know.

I don't see the hole clearly in the jpg.
Along the edge of many strippers is a hole that does not seem to have a
purpose. Put the tip of the wire in the hole and twist. As Dan said -
very fast.

--
bud--