Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair
Jim[_2_] Jim[_2_] is offline

Default 15 vs 20 amp circuits

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 25, 9:31?am, "Jim" wrote:
"Smitty Two" wrote in message

news

In article ,
wrote:

If a guy with a normal budget started building a home,
and followed the Usenet consensus on how to do it, he'd probably run
out of money before he finished the foundation. :-)

Wayne

I know a guy who started building his own house twenty years ago. He
had
the land, and $100,000 to start with. He figured the hardest part was
the foundation, so he figured he'd contract that out and do most of the
rest himself. The quote on the foundation came to $100,000. So he
jumped
in with both feet and learned how to do a foundation. He's pretty much
done with the place now, but the finishing touches do seem to go on
forever.

House around the corner from me is the =most= gorgeous log cabin,
custom
built, stone and wood everywhere....
Genius owner/builder forgot to check to see if it lies in a flood
plain
b4 building; county refuses to issue an occupancy permit because it
=does=.
No one will =ever= live in that house!- Hide quoted text -

time to call a house mover.....

It's built w/a full basement. It would require =very= elaborate
moving/elevating. I'd do it myself, but don't have the moolah. It is
stunningly beautiful....

theres a home near here built over 20 years ago without a permit, no
one lives in it either.

its a expensive storage bin from casual looking in windows as we drive
by