Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Joist strength

"RobertL" wrote in message
oups.com...

BTW you can get some nice electronic pianos these days that play like the
real thing and don't need maintenance every six months, take up less
space
and are cheap(er).

...and you can set the switch so it sounds exactly like a Steinway. I
am trying hard to persuade myself that I want one of these (rather
than real piano) because of its ability to use headphones and not
disturb others. But I am not persuaded.

The Yamaha baby grand is supposed to be good.. I have never seen one myself.

My daughter has to put up with a cheap Korg piano and we still struggle for
space.
It sounds OK but its better if I connect my Yamaha synthbox to its MIDI.
There are much better synths about including an add in card for mine that is
supposed to be extremely good but I doubt if I could tell.