Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair,alt.fan.cecil-adams
[email protected] brucedpaige@gmail.com is offline

Default Pet Food, Toothpaste, Lead Paint, and now....

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 09:25:24 -0700, Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

On Sep 21, 7:56 pm, wrote:
On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 07:41:09 -0700, Too_Many_Tools

Much snipped

Walmart is simply doing what a vast number of Americans want - selling
a low quality item for a cheap price. If they weren't doing exactly
that then they wouldn't be a success.

Agreed on their success...let them continue to sell poisoned products
and see if that success continues....

All over the world there are companies selling quality albeit at a
higher price then Walmart. Rolex Watch comes to mind - a really well
made watch for a substantial price. I don't believe that Walmart has
harmed their business at all. Mercedes, Gucci, I could go on and on,
but quality merchandize is there if one wants to buy it.

Rolex watches don't poison people and pets.

As for buying overpriced merchandise, there are many consumers with
money and no brains.

TMT

Sorry, I don't agree with you. Unless a substantial number of people
are actually poisoned and die and criminal charges filed and headlines
in the newspapers, TV, etc., I doubt that Walmart's business will
suffer. If you don't believe me then go down to your local Walmart
next Saturday and count the people coming out with bags of stuff. All
the "news" about the lead paint and the dog food probably hasn't even
made a glitch in their profit for the year.

As for overpriced merchandise, again "quality" is very much in the
mind of the user. In my mind Harbor Freight is a good example of a
company that is selling overpriced goods but from reading this news
group it appears that they are doing a booming business in the U.S.
although I haven't been in a shop in S.E.A. that uses the kind of
stuff that they sell. The Chinese do make industrial machinery that
stands up to commercial use but it isn't sold through Harbor Freight.

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeATgmailDOTcom)