Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair,alt.fan.cecil-adams
[email protected] brucedpaige@gmail.com is offline

Default Pet Food, Toothpaste, Lead Paint, and now....

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 10:14:46 -0400, h wrote:

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 20:57:24 +0700, wrote:

A toyota is for the proletariat...

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeATgmailDOTcom)

Or for anyone who doesn't give a rodent's behind about cars or about what
other people think. For me, a car gets me and my stuff from point A to point
B. That's it. Why on earth would I spend money on something I don't care
about? I'm 50, and I'm on my fourth car. I always buy 10 year old cars and
keep them for 8-10 years. I've owned 2 Toyotas and I'm on my second Subaru.
I wouldn't drive German or American if you gave it to me free. Since Subaru
has started making cars in the USA I may have to change brands for my next
car, although that's at least 8 years away.

Doesn't have to be cars, can be anything. The point was that (to
paraphrase) "quality" is very much in the eye of the beholder". If you
need a tool to do one single repetition of a task and the cheap
Chinese tool did it then for that example it was "quality", although
it very likely would not be if you were going to use it continuously
or for a long period.

Back when I was much younger a chevrolet was deemed to be a "good" car
in some parts of the U.S., while in other parts of the country a
Plymouth was seen to be a much better vehicle even though if one
disregarded the sheet metal they were very similar - six cylinder
inline engines, 3 speed manual transmission, hydraulic brakes, etc.,
but people would argue for ever about which one was "better".

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeATgmailDOTcom)