Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default 15 vs 20 amp circuits

wrote:

On Sep 23, 9:42 pm, "Pete C." wrote:
If it's in a bedroom, the new AFCI
breakers will trip if the cord is damaged and arcing, but not a full
short.

I seem to recall seeing that the 2008 version of the NEC will require
AFCIs on just about all of the 120Vac circuits, not just the ones for
bedrooms.

Good thing I did my electrical rebuild in 2006 eh? Actually it wouldn't
have mattered since I'm outside city limits and per the city building
department I didn't need any permits or inspections. I was a little
worried about how the AFCIs for the bedrooms would react to the TIG
welder and plasma cutter on the shop sub panel, but they seem to be
fine.