Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing Glass From Door

elziko wrote:

I have a wooden framed door containing two double glazed units - I need to
remove the lower one. I have managed to remove the beading from the inside
side and now it looks like the unit was also put in using putty so I don't
seem to be able push the unit out from the outside.

What the easiest way to get the glass out now - scraping the putty out
seemed difficult. Should I remove the beading from the other side? Smash the
pane out (although I did want to use the original pane for the glazier to
measure)?

TIA

If it really is putty, heat softens linseed putty. If its silicone,
that can be sliced, but I gather from what you say its real putty. No
quickie option for that I'm afraid, tough stuff.

NT