Posted to alt.home.repair
solidroque solidroque is offline

Default B&S lawn mower stalls

My Briggs & Stratton Quantam XRM 6.5 hp engine on a Snapper body
stalls out. I prime the bulb 5 times, pull the rope and it starts
right up. No sputtering, no coughing, no shaking, just smooth running.
It lasts for just over 1 minute and then it calmly dies. If I prime it
again, it will not start. I did it the next day and the same thing
happened. I did not have the time to try to see how soon after dying
that it would start. I have done this three times now. Had not had any
problems with it previously. It was left out in a light rain for about
a half an hour to an hour a few days before this started happening.
Any ideas?