Posted to alt.home.repair

Default B&S lawn mower stalls

My Briggs & Stratton Quantam XRM 6.5 hp engine on a Snapper body
stalls out. I prime the bulb 5 times, pull the rope and it starts
right up. No sputtering, no coughing, no shaking, just smooth running.
It lasts for just over 1 minute and then it calmly dies. If I prime it
again, it will not start. I did it the next day and the same thing
happened. I did not have the time to try to see how soon after dying
that it would start. I have done this three times now. Had not had any
problems with it previously. It was left out in a light rain for about
a half an hour to an hour a few days before this started happening.
Any ideas?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 20:28:04 -0500, "DanG" wrote:

First thing to try: Loosen the gas cap and see if it still does
it. It sounds a bit like vacuum lock of the fuel system. If the
loose cap fixes it, find the pin hole on your cap and clean it.

Second thing to try: pull the air filter - will it run without it?

--
Oren

...through the use of electrical or duct tape, achieve the configuration in the photo..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 23, 9:03 pm, solidroque wrote:
My Briggs & Stratton Quantam XRM 6.5 hp engine on a Snapper body
stalls out. I prime the bulb 5 times, pull the rope and it starts
right up. No sputtering, no coughing, no shaking, just smooth running.
It lasts for just over 1 minute and then it calmly dies. If I prime it
again, it will not start. I did it the next day and the same thing
happened. I did not have the time to try to see how soon after dying
that it would start. I have done this three times now. Had not had any
problems with it previously. It was left out in a light rain for about
a half an hour to an hour a few days before this started happening.
Any ideas?

water in the gas, the water sits in the bottom until running vibration
stirs it up and it wets the plug, look inside tank with flashlight or
drain and refill.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/24/2007 9:02 AM, beecrofter wrote:
On Sep 23, 9:03 pm, solidroque wrote:
My Briggs & Stratton Quantam XRM 6.5 hp engine on a Snapper body
stalls out. I prime the bulb 5 times, pull the rope and it starts
right up. No sputtering, no coughing, no shaking, just smooth running.
It lasts for just over 1 minute and then it calmly dies. If I prime it
again, it will not start. I did it the next day and the same thing
happened. I did not have the time to try to see how soon after dying
that it would start. I have done this three times now. Had not had any
problems with it previously. It was left out in a light rain for about
a half an hour to an hour a few days before this started happening.
Any ideas?

water in the gas, the water sits in the bottom until running vibration
stirs it up and it wets the plug, look inside tank with flashlight or
drain and refill.

You also should drain the float bowl on the carb. Many times the bolt
holding the bowl to the carb is the pickup. If so it will have very
small cross drillings partially plugged up. Clean these thoroughly.
The amount of gunk you find may convince you to add a filter between the
carb and tank.

--
Ted
I wasn't born in Texas but

Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now.

Lawm mower stalls [email protected] Home Repair 9 August 2nd 07 12:41 AM
Getting lawn mower going again... Lot-O-Fun Home Repair 13 March 29th 07 05:54 AM
Lawn Mower Ed UK diy 4 February 19th 07 12:05 PM
Lawn mower starts and stalls Mike Dobony Home Repair 5 September 1st 06 03:50 AM
lawn mower stalls unless I tip it! meirman Home Repair 4 November 15th 04 09:13 PM