Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Boeing and metrcication question

Steve Austin wrote:
Winston wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:

(...)I don't think, in other words, that Coke and Pepsi would print
only the liters on the bottles if they were allowed to do so.

I just noticed how painlessly we adopted the liter as a unit of
measure for cola and how easily intuitive that unit is, in the U.S. now.

--Winston

OK. How many cups in a liter?

A little over four.
I just Googled 4.2 so I was a little off.

About 9216 drams per firkin

What's your point?

My point is that because we in the U.S. are comfortable buying cola
drinks in 1 liter bottles, we now have an intuitive grasp of 'how much'
one liter is. The implication being that, as with hot tubs, immersion
begets familiarity.

This is a Good Thing even if cola is not.

--Winston