Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Tankless hot water heater

On Sep 20, 3:13 pm, "Remi" wrote:
Has anyone got experience with tankless water heaters? Your thoughts please.
Thanks.

A family can waist alot of water knowing its always there. Single
users benefit most. My payback is 4-5 years on a small Bosch. Takagi
and Rinnai are tops. You may or may not need a larger gas supply, you
must test gas flow first. A family also saves less since standby loss
of tanks is not as great with tankless with constant use. Tanks scale
up, tankless realy dont, tankless should last 30 yrs since its a
copper coil. You can get a 94% efficient Takagi. True tank efficiency
is no the efficiency rating but the Energy rating, then you see they
are near 60-70%. A minus to tanless is you cant just have a little hot
water since they need a good flow to trigger on. They are worth it for
the right situation, But with a bunch of kids I say no, or you will
get long showers.