Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] Dan_Thomas_nospam@yahoo.com is offline

Default Compressor identification

On Sep 19, 7:28 pm, "DanG" wrote:
Dan,

I hope there are some more. I looked at all the pictures you
linked, but it is amazing to me that as similar as they all are,
how totally different each is. I had forgotten the Rol-Air and
the LeRois.

The air intake on the one I need are on the top of the head in the
center. The dark green on the one you identify as a Quincy is
about right (I thought Quincy had always been blue)

The UK entry is not it, but I had not ever seen one with the motor
direct drive before.

Remember that the compressor itself can be mounted any number of
ways an a tank or frame, driven direct or via belts, painted any
color, and so on. Depends who is engineering the overall assembly.
Look at things like the bearing end caps to note similarities between
what you have and what you see in the pictures. Compressor
manufacturers often minimize their inventory between various models by
using common end caps and other parts.

Dan