Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default My AccessMaster Garage Door Opener is crazy!

twonkie wrote:

Thanks Bo! I'll try bypassing them or moving them right next to each
other. I'll post the results. Thanks again.

If it moves, they're aligned well enough. Unless there's something
breaking the beam intermittently, it's highly unlikely from the
described symptoms they're the problem.

Sounds more like intermittent electrical contact somewhere to me...

I'd be looking at all connections, limit switches, motor connections,
etc., etc., ...

How does it operate if disconnect the door and simply actuate the closer
mechanism? If it does the same, it's electrical/controls. If it
operates normally, it's mechanical.