Posted to alt.home.repair
RichK RichK is offline

Default Help! Help! Silicone caulk

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
news:4LiIi.4706$Ij2.3885@trndny06...
Went to Lowe's (I know, should have gone to a paint store) and asked for
caulk for my new (hardei plank) outside siding. They advised me to buy GE
"Window & Door" 100% Silicone Sealant. After having applied 5 tubes of

this
stuff around all window trim, door trim, hardie plank edges etc. etc., I
find that paint does not stick to silicone.

That it correct, it does not. You have to get PAINTABLE type, which is a
mix of silicone and latex. TMK all latex caulk is paintable.

Not sure how to fix this, but you could try putting small cover of paintable
on the top of what you have and paint that. Try it first.

Rich